In 2013, ICE released hundreds of criminal illegals into Pinal County communities, and the releases have continued unabated throughout Arizona. Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu is joined by other Arizona Sheriff’s, and family members of those killed by criminal illegals to demand politicians in Washington, DC to stop their practice of releasing criminal illegals into cities and towns throughout the United States. Joining Sheriff Babeu in this call to action is Mary Ann Mendoza (mother of Mesa Police Sergeant Brandon Mendoza who was killed by an illegal with a criminal history) and Steve Ronnebeck (father of QT Store employee Grant Ronnebeck who was killed by an illegal with a criminal history).
In 2013, ICE agents released 36,007 illegals with criminal convictions throughout the nation. The releases typically occurred without formal notice to local law enforcement agencies and victims. 193 of these criminal illegals were convicted of homicides, 426 convicted of sex crimes and 303 convicted of kidnapping. In 2014, ICE agents released another 30,558 illegals with criminal convictions throughout the nation. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/18/dhs-released-another-30000-criminal-aliens-streets/#
For years, ICE refused to notify law enforcement of the type of crimes these criminal illegals were convicted of or where they would be residing.
ICE finally agreed to notify law enforcement of the release of criminal illegals and began to do so last week. On Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 law enforcement agencies were notified that 3 violent criminal illegals were released into Arizona by ICE.
Musa Salah Abdelaziz Abdalla (age 34) from SUDAN
* Multiple arrests for Assault in Randall County, Texas
* Arrest for Aggravated Assault in Maricopa County in September, 2007
* Accepts plea agreement which stipulates 5 years’ Probation and dropped a second Aggravated Assault in the City of Phoenix (Phoenix PD Report Number 200771553320)
* He violated his Probation 3 times and was finally sentenced to the Department of Corrections for 13 months starting in June of 2014. ICE placed an immigration hold detainer on him.
* On July 21st, 2015 he was released from prison and turned over to ICE. On that same date, ICE released him from custody.
ICE said he was released because they could not locate travel documents proving his citizenship in Sudan. They said, their hands were tied and they were forced to release him into the United States per the current immigration policy directives.
Dennis Valerievitch Tsoukanov (age 33) (RUSSIA)
* On December 15, 2001, was involved in a scheme to rip off a delivery of Human Growth Hormone worth $1,000,000.
* Tsoukanov and two Russian accomplices kidnapped a police informant. The three Suspects took the informant to the Fossil Creek area near Camp Verde where they beat, stabbed, poured gasoline on him and set the victim on fire while he was still alive.
* The three Russian suspects were arrested. The two accomplices made bail and fled. Both of the suspects that fled were later caught. One was of the suspects was caught in Canada after America's Most Wanted profiled him.
* Tsoukanov turned State's evidence against the two co-defendants and was spared a life sentence. He was sentenced to 13 years in the Department of Corrections for Kidnapping and 2nd Degree Murder. Co-defendants both received life sentences without parole.
* He was released from the Department of Corrections on December 21, 2014 and turned over to ICE that had a Detainer on him.
* On July 16th, 2015, he was released from ICE custody.
* Tsoukanov is a Russian Citizen born in Estonia
ICE said he was released because they could not locate travel documents proving his citizenship in Russia. They said, their hands were tied and they were forced to release him into the United States per the current immigration policy directives.
Nasser Hanna Hermez (age 46) from Iraq
* In April of 2009, Hermez was arrested and charged with 2nd Degree Murder of his seven week old daughter.
* After a lengthy court process, he finally took a plea agreement on April 4, 2011 for Negligent Homicide. Received six months in the Department of Corrections and three years’ Probation.
* Arrested and indicted April 2015 for 3rd Degree Burglary, a class 4 felony
* Accepted a plea and on July 30, 2015 was sentenced to two years’ Probation.
* Released from ICE on July 31, 2015
ICE said he is a legal permanent resident and due to the charges that he pled to, they cannot by law revoke his status and are forced to release him into the United States per the current immigration policy directives.
Sheriff Paul Babeu stated, “It seems like every day we read another story: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/15/illegal-immigrant-accused-in-triple-homicide-inflorida- home/ regarding an illegal who should have already been deported committing new crimes in the United States. The American people are sick and tired of the inaction of DC and broken promises of politicians. The laws apply to US citizens, yet the law does not apply to illegals. There is no longer enforcement with consequences. 67,000 of the most serious criminal illegals have been released into our communities in the past 2 years alone! These are not all the illegals (most do not commit crimes) - just the most serious who've committed murder, rape and kidnapping - yet ICE didn't return them to their country - they released them into America.”