Forest Service Information: June 25, 2017, 10:00 a.m.
Bradshaw Ranger District of the Prescott National Forest
Latitude: 34 21 27, Longitude: 112 22 23
14 miles south of Prescott, Arizona (T12N R1W, S28)
Start Date: June 24, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Size: Approximately 1,000 acres
Percent Contained: 0
Cause: Under Investigation
Vegetation: Chaparral and Ponderosa Pine
Summary: The Goodwin Fire is burning in chaparral and ponderosa pine; south and west of the junction at Senator Highway (FR 52) and County Road 177. It is being managed as a Type 3 incident, however a Type 1 Incident Management Team is expected to take command of the fire on Monday, June 26 at 6:00 am.
A full suppression strategy is being implemented. Today ground resources will be working on direct line construction with the use of air support. As we work on a Closure Order for the incident, we ask that folks stay off Senator Highway (FS Road 52) and County Road 177.
As a precaution Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office is evacuating the community of Pine Flat. For information on the evacuation please call (928) 771-3321
1. Provide for firefighter and public safety.
2. Minimize impacts and threats to all private property and other valuable resources.
3. Effectively manage incident costs by planning strategies and tactics with high probability of success.
4. Maintaining effective communications with all involved partners.
Air Attack: 2
Fire Restrictions: Stage 1 fire restrictions are in effect on the Prescott National Forest.
Fire Weather: Hot, dry conditions with potential for gusty winds.
- Intersection of Forest Road 52 and Forest Road 89
- 5 Corners above Breezy Pines, Poland Junction
- Forest Road 261
- Palace Station off Forest Road 52
- Goodwin Road out from Mayer
The public can obtain fire information via the following:
Prescott National Forest Web Site: www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott
Fire Information: 928-925-1111
This video was shot by Supervisor Tom Thurman Saturday night:
The Yavapai County Emergency Management team has activated a phone bank for information on the Goodwin Fire. That phone number is 928.442.5103
Theresa Rose published this video Sunday morning:
All photos courtesy of Theresa Rose Ditson of TreeRose Photography .