On Friday, Nov. 25, the holiday season kicked off in Downtown Flagstaff, Arizona’s Winter Wonderland, with an ambitious lineup of beloved and inaugural events. The Flagstaff Downtown Business Alliance (FDBA) has programmed a month of festive holiday fun guaranteeing that Downtown Flagstaff is the go-to holiday destination for locals and visitors alike.
* The Holiday Shopping Passport runs Nov. 25 – Dec. 24 and is an initiative led by Local First Arizona and the FDBA to encourage people to shop in locally owned Flagstaff businesses. Passports are free and available online and at participating businesses. Fill out the passport by shopping at 8 of the 21 businesses or spending $250 or more, and turn it in to be entered to win one of the 20 prizes.
* The FDBA has partnered with The Orpheum Theater to offer the second year of a FREE holiday movie series. With three movies left there’s still time to get in on the holiday fun! Every Saturday at 10am through Dec. 17, there will be crafts and pictures with Santa, followed by a holiday movie at 11am.
- Dec 3 – A Charlie Brown Christmas & Frosty the Snowman
- Dec 10 – The Polar Express
- Dec 17 – Elf
* Breakfast with Santa takes place on Dec. 3 and Dec. 17 prior to the free holiday movie. Sit down with Santa for a warm breakfast from Mix Flagstaff on the 3rd and Mozelle’s Downtown Bakery on the 17th. In addition to breakfast, during this exclusive hour with Santa, participants will decorate sugar cookies and sing songs around his campfire. This event is limited to the first 50 people and is $10 a person. Tickets available through the Orpheum box office and Rainbow’s End.
* December 20 is a big night downtown. It will be the fourth Locals’ Night to take place, the inaugural Luminaria Stroll, and Jingle Bell Shop. Locals’ Night is the third Tuesday of every month from 3-7pm, with special offers from downtown businesses. The Luminaria Stroll is a first for downtown. San Francisco St., Aspen Ave., and Leroux St. will be lit from 5-8pm. Jingle Bell Shop is also from 5-8pm. Downtown businesses are ready to help with last minute holiday shopping while enjoying sounds from local musicians placed in participating businesses.
For more information visit flagdba.com or facebook.com/flagdba. With the lit trees and buildings downtown, and returning and inaugural events, the FDBA and partners are making sure Downtown Flagstaff fulfills the Governor’s proclamation as Arizona’s Winter Wonderland.