PHOENIX (May 31, 2016) – Comicon returns to the Phoenix Convention Center from June 2 – 5 and is expected to attract more than 85,000 attendees this year. This annual pop culture event will host comic-themed activities and events throughout the entire Convention Center campus.
Due to the large number of attendees for this event, it is important for visitors to know the following before their visit to the Phoenix Convention Center:
- Advanced registration online at www.phoenixcomicon.com is recommended.
- Attendees are encouraged to take alternative transportation including the METRO Light Rail, city buses, pedicabs, Green cabs or carpooling when possible.
- Parking is available for $20 in the Convention Center North, Regency, Heritage and East garages, visit phoenixconventioncenter.com/parking to see garage locations.
- Third Street will be closed from Washington to Monroe streets beginning at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1 to Midnight on Sunday, June 5.
- Registration/Membership packet pick up is in the North Building, Rooms 120 A-C, the building entrance is on Monroe between Third and Fifth streets.
- All bags will be searched and costume weapons must be peace bonded (tagged) before entering the building.
- The parking pull-ins are reserved for ADA drop off and pick up locations.
- Dedicated ADA wheelchair entrance is located on Monroe Street (between Third and Fifth streets) near the North Ballroom.
- This event has activities located in all Convention Center buildings including in the Upper and Lower Level Exhibit Halls. Priority use of elevators is reserved for ADA visitors.
There will be a series of outdoor activities on Third Street including performances on the main stage, a disc jockey and food trucks for attendees' enjoyment.
The Phoenix Convention Center is an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant facility, which welcomes guests with special needs and service animals. Our facility offers accessible parking and entrances, wheelchair ramps, multiple elevators, automatic doors and accessible restroom facilities. For additional information about ADA accommodations, please call 602-262-6225 or TTY 602-495-5048.
About the Phoenix Convention Center & Venues:
The award-winning Phoenix Convention Center is one of the 25 largest convention venues in the United States. It offers nearly 900,000 square feet of rentable meeting and exhibition space and can accommodate 80% of the convention meetings market. Established in 1969 as a department of the city of Phoenix, the Phoenix Convention Center is a critical economic enterprise for the state and local economy. The Phoenix Convention Center & Venues include the Phoenix Convention Center, Symphony Hall, Orpheum Theatre and five parking garages.