GLENDALE TRAFFIC ALERT FOR FIESTA BOWL GAME ON JANUARY 1, 2016
GLENDALE, Ariz.– College football fans and drivers in the West Valley are being advised of heavy traffic expected on the Loop 101 from Northern Avenue to Camelback Road during the day on Friday, Jan. 1, 2016, due to the Fiesta Bowl at University of Phoenix Stadium and the activities surrounding the game. Heavy traffic is also predicted on the surface streets in and around Glendale’s Sports and Entertainment District.
Attending the game?Ticket holders are encouraged to pre-purchase a parking pass from the Fiesta Bowl. Non-ticket holders can also purchase a parking pass to attend surrounding events, atwww.fiestabowl.org. All parking passes must be picked up prior to game day at the Fiesta Bowl offices in Scottsdale.
Pay-at-the-gate parking is offered at several locations with varying prices:
· Renaissance Hotel Parking Garage (southeast corner of Americana and Coyotes), $50.
· Westgate Entertainment District lots (access from Glendale Avenue, heading south on 93rd or 95th avenues) and Tanger Outlet lots (access from Glendale Avenue, heading south on 95th Avenue), $35.Westgate lots open at 6:00 a.m.
· There are also a limited number of pay-at-the-gate spaces for sale by the Fiesta Bowl in the Gila River Arena lots (access from Glendale Avenue and 95thor 93rdAvenue), $25.Fiesta Bowl parking lots open at 7:00 a.m.
Stadium gates open at 9:30 a.m. Kickoff for the game is 11:00 a.m. MST.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are there any traffic restrictions to be aware of?
· Maryland Avenue between 93rd Avenue and 95th Avenue will be closed to all traffic except pedestrians and limited shuttle operations.
· 95th Avenue in front of the stadium will be closed to all traffic except pedestrians.
Other traffic tips drivers should know?
· Arrive early and follow the directions on the back of your parking pass, which should hang from your rear view mirror.
· Do not rely on your GPS for parking routes.
· Follow all traffic signs. In some cases there are multiple turn lanes (dual rights or dual lefts) that will allow traffic to load and unload parking lots faster.
· Vehicles may be subject to search. Please plan accordingly.
· For up to date traffic information, visitwww.az511.comor dial 511.
· Glendale provides real-time traffic information via Twitter – follow @GlendaleAZPD.