Dust, rain, and flooding in tonight's weather forecast.
Between heavy dust storms, showers and thunderstorms, it's a wise idea to take precautions tonight in the Phoenix area.
The National Weather Service has issued an urban and small stream flood advisory for North Central Maricopa County, including the cities of Surprise, Sun City West, Sun City, Peoria and New River.
One and a half inches of rain has fallen in some areas starting at 6 pm, which may result in the flooding of creeks, streams, washes and some unbridged crossings.
The National Weather Service states, "A flood advisory means that normally dry washes and streams will suddenly have running water. Unbridged crossings may become hazardous. There will be ponding of water on streets and low spots causing traffic to be impeded. If you encounter ponding or flowing waters. Do not attempt to cross by foot or automobile. Turn around."
And the final advice from NWS? "Don't drown."
Latest from Lynne LaMaster
- US Supreme Court Rules Against Arizona in Voter Registration Requirements
- Floor Remarks by Sen. Flake on the Immigration Reform Bill
- Gov Brewer Surprises Tobin and Biggs with 5 PM Special Session
- Sedona Mayor Asks for $500K 'In Lieu Fee' In Exchange for Zoning Change
- Dr. Spicer Sentenced to 13.5 Years, Lifetime Sex Offender